Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thoughts on the Poster Presentations

I must admit, when I first heard about this project I felt like it was going to be a drag. I hadn't made a poster since middle school, so I felt a bit out of practice when coming up with mine. But having it completed did feel good.

The day I had to present took me back to science fair back in high school. I was a bit nervous at first; wondering if anyone would stop by my poster, and hoping I would not screw up while trying to explain it. But I got a a good stream of curious wanderers, and they seemed to be interested in my thing (or at least were good actors).

On Friday, when I went to watch other people's things, I felt like I had an insider's view on what they were going through. A few of the project were interesting enough that I told my friends about them later.

All in all, the experience was a lot more positive than I first thought it would be. It was certainly more fun than writing an essay.

1 comment:

  1. I hated the science fair in middle school. It was so much work, and I wasn't sure about the whole presenting thing. This project was actually kind of fun and interesting. I definitely learned a lot about technology from other people's projects. It's neat to see how everyone does their presentations.

    ReplyDelete